Junior Communication Manager (32 hours/week)
Please note: We can only offer this role to candidates eligible to work in the EU. Candidates must hold an EU work visa/EU Work Permit.
We’re looking for a Junior Communication Manager, responsible for supporting the delivery of the EHEDG internal and external communications strategy and objectives, and so strengthening the relationship with member organisations and various stakeholders. The person will work both independently and collaboratively with the Communication Manager and the Project Manager on a variety of communications/marketing activities.
This position represents a unique opportunity to join a small, dynamic and international team based in Amsterdam, while liaising with food industry professionals around the world and driving the foundation mission. Be the leading source of hygienic design and engineering expertise, and enhance food safety and quality across the whole supply chain.
- Proactively identifying communications opportunities, both externally and internally;
- Gathering input from the different stakeholders (Working Groups Chairs/members, Regional Sections Chairs, Board Members, partners);
- Assisting in the implementation of social media, e-mail and marketing collaterals activities; including developing written and visual content, and helping with campaigns execution;
- Supporting the SEO strategy: website on-page (keywords, metadata) and off-page optimisation (backlink, referrals);
- Providing communications-related event support, such as EHEDG Congresses promotion and marketing, leading digital media during events, and coordinating event video needs.
- Maintaining and enhancing the current EHEDG members database;
- Helping with the update of the website and documentation.
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Media, Marketing or related field;
- A 1-2 year experience in a communication/marketing role;
- Experience in graphic design (software like InDesign or Canva or similar ones);
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, additional languages are appreciated;
- A team player who can multitask and is able to work collaboratively with a small, international team;
- A self-motivated individual who is creative and has an eye for details.
What we offer:
- At EHEDG we work with highly motivated and passionate people, and we value open communication and collaboration;
- In this position you will be able to liaise with subject matter specialists across the whole food supply chain;
- You get the opportunity to contribute to fulfil our foundation’s vision: be the global leading source of hygienic design and engineering expertise, and enhance food safety and quality across the whole food industry;
- This is an interesting position within a global operating organisation, an international challenging environment;
- An employment agreement for one year, with the option for renewal to an agreement for an indefinite period;
- Salary depending on education and experience, in accordance with Dutch standards;
- A premium free pension of 16%;
- Flexible working hours.