Tasks & Objectives
EHEDG provides a balanced forum for food processing equipment manufacturers, users and legislators to discuss issues concerning hygienic design and to stimulate food safety and quality by:
- identifying areas where knowledge of hygienic design is insufficient
- filling the existing gaps and lack of know-how by practical guidelines and education
- offering expertise, networking and further development in the fields of hygienic engineering & design and safe food production
- preparing scientific and technical guidelines on all aspects of state-of-the-art hygienic design requirements in accordance to EU legislation
- developing test methods in order to identify and reduce hazards of equipment used in food production
- offering training courses, seminars and workshops
- strengthening the participation in standardisation bodies like CEN, ISO, DIN, JIS, 3-A, NSF etc.
- strengthening the cooperation with the EU (i.e. food contact material directive, BAT, traceability and other EU-Projects) as well as with other organisations
- encouraging research and development in the field of hygienic design
- promoting and disseminating hygienic design know-how by all kinds of digital and print media, congresses, seminars and other events on an international and local level
- making sure that the use of the EHEDG name and logo is properly controlled.