EHEDG EVENTS Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides information regarding processing by EHEDG of personal data of individuals who register for an EHEDG organized (or co-organized) event. For purposes of this privacy notice, an “event” can include any conference, seminar, webinar, forum or workshop, whether taking place virtually or in-person.
Registration Data for the Event
Required Event Registration Data can be name, date of birth, contact details, including email address; address, company details such as position; department; industry, billing data, communication preferences and other information indicated on the registration form(s). This data is obtained when you register for the event. Which data is collected in the various entry masks depends on the individual entry fields and purposes. Mandatory information fields will be marked accordingly.
If we serve food at any of our events, we may ask you about possible food allergies or special dietary requirements. This data is used solely for the purposes of catering during the events and the provision of this data is optional.
How will EHEDG use your data?
By registering for a specific event, you agree to EHEDG’s processing of the personal data you submit as part of your registration for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you regarding the specific event for which you registered;
- as reasonably necessary for the management and organisation of the specific event for which you registered;
- for our internal reporting purposes and;
- for any other purpose to which you consent in connection with the specific event.
By registering for a specific event, you agree that EHEDG may disclose the personal data you submit as part of your registration to:
- co-organizers of the event as reasonably necessary for the management and organisation of the specific event for which you registered;
- (third-party) service providers assisting EHEDG with the specific event, for example for the purpose of access control to the building/event;
- subject to contractually agreed conditions of confidentiality; or
- other third-parties for which you consent to disclosure in connection with the specific event.
When you are a “Speaker” at the event your “Speaker Data” can be used for PR purposes and will be visible for others like (possible) visitors and participants of the event on the event-website, apps and/or (other) documents or brochures.
How do we store your data?
EHEDG securely stores your data at our data centres. These are situated in Europe.
We retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary. We delete personal data after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- we retain your personal data for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us or use our services);
- we retain your personal data for as long as needed in order to comply with a legal requirements or contractual obligations to which we are subject to;
- we retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve our legal position (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or legal investigations).
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy, delete or anonymise it in a secure manner.
Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during (part of) an EHEDG event. Videos and photos can be published on EHEDG websites and social media pages as well as on the co-organiser’s online platforms. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including EHEDG publications, social networks and press, in connection with a specific event, or for further internal purposes as well as for promotional activities of EHEDG. By attending an EHEDG organised (or co-organised) event, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above. This also means that if you comment or ask questions verbally, your video / audio data will be recorded and visible in the recording.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We can revise or update this privacy notice if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. Please refer back to this page for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this privacy notice, we will post a new version on our website and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the privacy notice shall not apply retroactively.
If you wish to contact us
You may request access to your personal data in order to verify its accuracy. Of course you may request correction. To do so in connection with your event registration, contact the event’s contact person.
For any other questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at our email: officeProtected firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: +31 610 216 958
1st August 2023